Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Limited Visibility


The rain poured down today as I was driving my family home from cleveland in the setting sun. It was hard to see anything in the first place and totally impossible more than several car lengths ahead due to all the fog and smoky looking clouding. I had to be cautious and pay alot of attention as I drove, taking extra measures to be safe.

Then Father spoke in the midst of it and said "such is life."

Some days we can't see where we are going. Some days we don't know whats ahead of us except the very close and the very far (we know our destination). The question that remains in the fog is whats coming soon.

Limited visibility causes wrecks alot. When I was 8 my mom t-boned a man that pulled out in front of us. It was rainy and the man did not see us. We skidded into him and I broke my left elblow. The judge rulled that it was the other man's fault, but advised my mom to drive more carefully in the rain. More often than not, however, if the drivers had been a little more cautious, that seeminlgy unavoidable 5 car pile ups in life would have been fender benders.

We can't always prevent the accident altogether but we can effect the level of impact and amount of damage caused.

No comments:

Post a Comment