Sunday, October 17, 2010

Playplace Chaos

There is something about chaos that makes us nervous. Something about that big bad confusion that puts a check in our spirit, making us hesitate. I watched this in my own children this evening sitting in the play place of a McDonalds in Atlanta. Raziel, the one who has been jumping out of his crib since before he could walk was freaked out as he stood, clinging to my leg, observing the 10-15 other children playing and hollering and carrying on. And, as he considered going or staying I felt for the little guy. I can't say I would go in there alone myself. Then, Alina comes along and takes his hand saying "come on! Let's go play!"

It's then a process... they enter the lower level, checkig back in with me frequently. They start to climb higher, eventually forgetting their need for reassurance and only coming back when they get thirsty enough.

There's something to be learned here.

We are to be like little children. Go, enter the chaos that is life. Be cautious. Check in with the Father frequently and be sure you are doing what He wants you to do. See that He takes delight in your freedom. Go have the time of your life. But don't forget these two valuble things;
Drink Frequently & Stick Together.

2 comments:

  1. Very good analogy. You have a talent with taking common everyday events and making them into good metaphors for truth.

    Craig Cooper

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your thinking! It's fuel for a glorious adventure! Go Girl!
    Darien Cooper

    ReplyDelete