Wednesday, January 12, 2011

control issues

Funny, I think I have a theme emerging lately. :-)

Sunday evening brought about 8-9" of snow to cohutta, forcing us to stay home, call into work til about Wednesday. It was terribly dangerous on the roads. When Brent got stuck on the way home Sunday night, it wasn't til 5pm the next evening that a tow truck got there (because they were so backed up.) There were four wheel drive trucks that got stuck out in it.

In the midst of it all, both of our cars were at the shop needing repair. It made me furious that our station wagon, which the mechanic has had for a while now, wasn't yet fixed, and even more upset when they couldn't get to our Suzuki til Wednesday. Tuesday night I sat in my bed, stewing in a bad mood. The roads had been scraped - even my street itself. But, no one was free to / willing to get me to work wednesday.

At this moment God spoke with a gentle reprimand." I gave you 2 extra days with your kids and Brent. I kept your water and power on. I have provided. Now let go."

If you are like me, you want control of every aspect of your situation. You have your plan and if something interferes you get angry. It's time we learned that things are GOING to interfere because God has better plans than we do. The longer we fight it the less time we have to enjoy the process.

1 comment:

  1. Good! Easier said than done if you are a control freak like me. But Good!

    ReplyDelete